Work continues along the Seventh Street Corridor to provide landscaped medians, bike lanes and other improvements.
The project includes pedestrian, landscape, illumination and traffic signal improvements (two new traffic signals and five upgraded traffic signals). The project will also realign Museum Way to line up with Stayton Street. On-street parking will be retained throughout the corridor; however, some spaces may be unavailable during construction.
The project is funded by the 2018 Bond Program.
West Seventh Street from University Drive to Trinity River Bridge:
- The city awarded the contract to Reyes Group.
- The White Settlement Bridge is now open and construction activities on West Seventh Street started April 19.
- One-lane closures are anticipated during construction.
- A community meeting was held on March 3. Watch the recorded meeting.
- Estimated construction duration: one year.
- The project is under contract with 2L Construction.
- Signal poles have been installed and a portion of the roadway has been poured.
- Access to Trinity Park from Museum Way may be intermittently closed.
- Construction completion is anticipated in May 2021.
To learn more, contact Project Manager Ronak Rekani by email or at 817-392-6591.