ARLINGTON, TEXAS, May 3, 2021 – A total of 11 Texas Health Resources hospitals received four or five stars on Hospital Compare, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) website. Five stars is the highest rating possible.
The ratings track common conditions treated in hospitals, such as heart attacks and pneumonia. The overall hospital rating, which also includes patients’ perspectives on the care they received, shows how well each hospital performed on average compared to other hospitals in the U.S. These ratings are then placed on Hospital Care, a consumer-oriented website that provides information on how well hospitals provide recommended care to their patients.
Texas Health hospitals that received five stars in the CMS Overall Hospital Star Rating are:
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Alliance
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Stephenville
- Texas Health Heart & Vascular Arlington
- Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Rockwall
Hospitals that received four stars in the CMS Overall Hospital Star Rating are:
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Cleburne
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Kaufman
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower Mound
“These ratings serve as tribute to the strong commitment of physicians on the medical staffs, nurses and the entire hospital team to quality even in the midst of a global pandemic,” said Sunita Koshy-Nesbitt, M.D., M.B.A., Hospital Channel chief quality officer for Texas Health.
Hospital Compare collects data on more than 4,000 hospitals across the nation and uses the following quality and patient experience metrics to determine the overall star rating:
- Safety of Care
- Patient Experience
- Timely and Effective Care (CMS combined Effectiveness of Care, Timeliness of Care and Medical Imaging into this overall group starting calendar year 2021)
“Texas Health continues to strive for excellence in quality at all levels in all our hospitals,” said Kirk King, executive vice president and chief operations officer for the Hospital Channel. “These scores are just one reflection of the data we look at to continue to improve and better serve our patients.”
A full list of ratings is available.
About Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Resources is a faith-based, nonprofit health system that cares for more patients in North Texas than any other provider. With a service area that consists of 16 counties and more than 7 million people, the system is committed to providing quality, coordinated care through its Texas Health Physicians Group and 28 hospital locations under the banners of Texas Health Presbyterian, Texas Health Arlington Memorial, Texas Health Harris Methodist and Texas Health Huguley. Texas Health access points and services, ranging from acute-care hospitals and trauma centers to outpatient facilities and home health and preventive services, provide the full continuum of care for all stages of life. The system has more than 4,000 licensed hospital beds, 6,200 physicians with active staff privileges and more than 25,000 employees. For more information about Texas Health, call 1-877-THR-WELL, or visit www.TexasHealth.org.