Furthering its commitment to the DFW Metroplex, H-E-B officially started construction on its Mansfield H-E-B store, which is set to open in spring 2024. At 118,000 square feet, the H-E-B store will showcase all the quality products and innovative services H-E-B customers have come to love and expect.
The Mansfield H-E-B store will be located at the corner of US 287 and Broad Street. H-E-B owns roughly 28 acres at the site. H-E-B Mansfield joins H-E-B Alliance, which is currently under construction and set to open in spring 2024, as the first locations for the company’s flagship format stores in Tarrant County. H-E-B also operates a Central Market location in Fort Worth.
Along with a world class product assortment at H-E-B’s everyday low prices, the store will include a full-service H-E-B Pharmacy with a drive-thru; Texas Backyard department, featuring outdoor essentials; Home by H-E-B home décor department featuring furniture, woven textiles, and accent pieces from the Haven + Key and Texas Proud collections; and a True Texas BBQ restaurant with a drive-thru, which was named best barbecue chain in Texas by Texas Monthly and a top barbecue chain in the nation by Thrillist. The store will also include H-E-B Curbside and Home Delivery, which will allow customers to place orders online for pickup at the store or delivery to the home. These exciting digital services will give customers choices on how they shop, pay for, and receive their products.
“We’re extremely excited to strengthen our commitment to the DFW Metroplex with our move into Mansfield,” said Juan-Carlos Rück, H-E-B Executive Vice President North West Food/Drug. “Our H-E-B locations across North Texas continue to stir up great excitement with customers, and this H-E-B store will allow us to answer the long-standing call for an H-E-B in this thriving community.”
Additional store highlights include:
- Bakery featuring handmade artisan breads, cakes, and our famous in-store made, warm tortillas
- Deli department with an expansive cheese selection and charcuterie island
- Sushiya offers handmade sushi selections made in-store daily and an Asian grill with rice bowls, teriyaki and more
- H-E-B Meal Simple with fresh, convenient chef-inspired meals prepared in store
- Cooking Connection with live demonstrations and samplings for easy recipes to make at home
- Produce section with large organic and Texas-grown selections
- Meat market with Prime, natural, and organic meats, Wagyu, dry-age beef, and fully cooked options
- Blooms floral department, offering online ordering and delivery service
· As the #1 beer and wine retailer in Texas, the store has an extensive craft beer and wine section with a sampling station
- Healthy Living department with bulk food items, sports nutrition products and supplements
- Expansive frozen foods selection
- Beauty department with a wide selection of cosmetics and other beauty essentials
- Pet department featuring Heritage Ranch by H-E-B pet food and fun toys and treats for all your furry friend’s needs
- Household Essentials department with all you need to set your table, including seasonal disposable plates, bowls, and utensils, and Texas Tough brand including the Texas Tough value pack with all your storage bags in one easy-to-use box
- H-E-B Wellness Nutrition Services with nutrition expertise from licensed dieticians
- Customers can get additional saving by shopping with the H-E-B Debit Card, which gives 5% cash back on qualifying H-E-B brand products as well as other perks and benefits
Inside and out, H-E-B designed the store to reflect the character unique to the Mansfield community and emphasized environmental sustainability, incorporating several energy efficient inclusions such as CO2 refrigeration units and LED lighting. The site also features extensive native landscaping.
Building on H-E-B’s longstanding presence in the area with its Central Market stores, the move into Mansfield reinforces the retailer’s commitment to serve more customers in this dynamic and growing part of Texas. Regularly recognized as a top employer in the nation, H-E-B will offer positions that range from department managers to cashiers. H-E-B will post all job opportunities to its H-E-B Careers site in the coming months. It’s expected that the Mansfield store will employ approximately 700 Partners (employees).
“The Mansfield community welcomes H-E-B as a partner and advocate for quality service and world class standards of operation,” said Mansfield Mayor Michael Evans. “Our residents will be the recipients of top-quality grocery and produce, and we are excited about their presence in our city.”
Through its Spirit of Giving philosophy, H-E-B is passionately dedicated to its customers beyond its stores. In this spirit, H-E-B invested $50,000 in community organizations serving the Mansfield area to commemorate the groundbreaking ceremony. H-E-B gifted $10,000 each to Mansfield Women’s Club, Erma Nash Elementary, Willie Brown Academy, Urban Truth, and The LOT Downtown. These donations build on H-E-B’s support of more than 100 non-profit organizations and public schools in the DFW Metroplex.
A proud Texas company, H-E-B’s presence in the Metroplex runs deep. H-E-B has served the broader community for two decades with its innovative Central Market stores, which were introduced to the DFW area in 2001 and grew to serve customers in Dallas, Plano, Southlake, and Fort Worth. H-E-B stores also serve communities near the Metroplex including Burleson, Hudson Oaks, Granbury, and Waxahachie.
The largest privately held employer in Texas, H-E-B has more than 430 stores and 154,000 Partners in Texas and Mexico, and the retailer continues to be an economic driver as it expands in North Texas and other areas of the state. As a multi-format retailer, H-E-B operates Central Market stores throughout Texas, as well as Joe V’s Smart Shop and Mi Tienda store formats in Houston. H-E-B also owns Favor Delivery, a fast and convenient delivery service that serves cities across the state.