Fort Worth, Texas – (February 22, 2023) – Rooftop Cinema Club, the globally recognized brand behind the ultimate outdoor cinema experience, returns to Downtown Fort Worth after a brief Winter Break with an exciting new round of movies.
Tickets are now on sale at rooftopcinemaclub.com/downtown-ft-worth for the next two months’ worth of screenings through April 30. Additional screenings will be announced later this spring.
In addition to Rooftop Cinema Club’s recurring special screenings like Sing-Alongs, dog-friendly Wooftops and Open Caption screenings, the opening 2023 lineup is stacked with special themed film series including:
- Awards Week – We’re gearing up for the Academy Awards at the Rooftop by playing some of the very best and most celebrated titles of 2022!
- Hollywood on Hollywood – What better way to tell the stories of Hollywood and the City of Angels than movies themselves? That’s why, centered around Hollywood’s biggest night in March, we’re giving a closeup to some of the best movies about La La Land (and yes that includes La La Land!).
- Women’s History Month – For Women’s History Month we’re celebrating many of cinema’s pioneering women both in front of and behind the camera, including our opening night with Legally Blonde! This March collection features films by influential female directors, producers, writers, and actors.
- What a Feeling! – “What a feeling…Being’s believing…I can have it all…Now I’m dancing for my life!” Get your best moves ready because we’re dedicating all of April to some of the most iconic dance movies to ever hit the big screen.
- People’s Choice: What a Feeling! – This April we’re giving you the choice of which dance movie you’d like to see on the big screen at the Rooftop! Vote for the movie with your favorite moves HERE! Voting closes March 16 and the winning film will be announced March 17. And as our way of saying “Thanks!” tickets for the screening of the winning film will only be $10!
- Y2K Tuesdays – Y2K is back baby and we’re waxing nostalgic with this movie series. Starting in April, every week we’ll be bringing all the turn-of-the-millennium style and vibes with Y2K Tuesdays, featuring our favorite movies that defined the era. Dressing to theme is highly encouraged, but whether you want to rock a velour tracksuit, pleated skirt ensemble or wide-leg jeans with Heelys is entirely up to you. And by the way, there is no such thing as too many butterfly clips.
- 4/20 – Spend 4/20 at the Rooftop with a hit of hilarious and classic stoner comedies!
- Record Store Day – In honor of Record Store Day, we’re laying down the needle on some of the best, vinyl-loving nostalgia movies ever made.
- The Sandlot 30th Anniversary – “You’re killing me Smalls!” This Rooftop staple and cinematic love letter to America’s favorite pastime is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year. Whether you’ve grown up loving The Sandlot or are new to its whimsical charm, there’s no better time to celebrate this classic than outside in the spring!
- Flashdance 40th Anniversary – What a feeling! Jennifer Beals! Those legwarmers! That water scene! Flashdance is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year, and we’re making sure to honor it at the Rooftop. Come experience one of the most iconic dance movies of all-time on the big screen!
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall 15th Anniversary – “You Sound Like You’re From London!” We’re screening Jason Segel’s hilarious ode to heartbreak for its 15th anniversary! A now who’s-who all-star cast of Segel, Kristen Bell, Russell Brand, Jonah Hill, Paul Rudd, Bill Hader, and more inject what could be a downer into one of the funniest movies about rejection ever made.
The experience! Enjoy 360-degree views of Downtown Fort Worth from the rooftop of The Worthington Renaissance Hotel. Arrive when doors open to play lawn and table games, snack on fresh popcorn and candy, and make the most of the social cinema experience. When the movie begins, kick back and relax in a cozy Adirondack seat with personal wireless headphones in front of the massive state-of-the-art LED screen.
To complement your showing, The Worthington Renaissance, Toro Toro by Richard Sandoval and Rooftop Cinema Club combined efforts to create an elevated concession-style menu. Enjoy signature food and beverage offerings like the Soft Salted Pretzel, Hot Diggity Dog, Pulled Pork Tacos, and Nacho Libre. For the 21+ crowd, enjoy refreshing drinks like the classic Margarita, a TX Old Fashioned, and wine and beer options. When the movie ends, mosey on down to the bar & lounge at Toro Toro Fort Worth. Show the server your cinema ticket to receive 10 percent off your check.
Know before you go! Self-Parking is available next to the entrance doors on Throckmorton, just north of 2nd Street, at The Worthington Renaissance and is $10 for cinema guests and based on garage availability. Guests must bring their parking tickets to the box office for validation to receive that price. Alternatively, street parking is available. Complimentary valet is also available for any patron who dines at Toro Toro Fort Worth before or after the show! Once parked, find the cinema atop The Worthington on The Terrace, and make your way to your seats. Guests are seated on a first-come, first-serve basis and are encouraged to arrive early and all together to ensure they can select their preferred seats.
Movies that start before 4:30 p.m. are open to all ages, while screenings after that time are 18+ only. The cinema offers two different seating types at this venue: an Adirondack chair for one and a double-width Adirondack Loveseat for two. Ticket pricing ranges from $16.50 – $26.50, depending on seat type, ticket inclusions and time of day.
Extend your experience by booking an overnight stay package, A Night of Cocktails & Cinema, at The Worthington Renaissance to receive a $50 dining credit to Toro Toro, cinema-worthy guest room amenities and 20% discount code to apply when purchasing your ticket. Check showtime availability prior to booking.
To be the first to learn about updates, specials, events, and more, sign up for Rooftop Cinema Club’s newsletter at the link below.
For Further Information:
Food and Beverage Menu (Subject to Change): https://qrs.ly/dpe5l9m
About Rooftop Cinema Club
The ultimate open-air cinema experience, Rooftop Cinema Club started as a single rooftop in London’s Shoreditch in 2011 and has expanded globally with two rooftop venues in the UK and nine across the U.S. in LA, NYC, San Diego, Houston, Chicago, Miami and Fort Worth. The theater is known for bringing a social experience to movie showings of famed classics and newer releases accompanied by theater snacks, a full food menu, and specialty cocktails. Named “the masters of al fresco rooftop movie viewing” by Time Out, Rooftop Cinema Club’s locations immerse you in the heart of their respective city for unmatched views of the skyline during afternoon, sunset, and nighttime showings. Rooftop Cinema Club was founded by Gerry Cottle, son of the famous Circus owner of the same name, who took his experience in entertainment with Cirque Du Soleil, Amnesty International, Disney, and Girls Aloud and paired it with his passion for film to create the Rooftop brand.
About The Worthington Renaissance Downtown Fort Worth Hotel
A historic fixture on the downtown landscape, The Worthington Renaissance Fort Worth Hotel offers 504 guest rooms and suites of contemporary comfort near celebrated attractions. Explore some of Fort Worth’s top sights from our hotel, including the Kimbell Art Museum, Fort Worth Stockyards, and Texas Christian University. Ignite your senses with delectable dishes and innovative cocktails at Toro Toro, our restaurant headed by world-renowned Chef Richard Sandoval. Achieve more than you ever thought possible in 53,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor event space with expert planning services and custom catering. After a day of business or sightseeing, recharge in our gym or enjoy a dip in our sparkling indoor pool. Afterward, retreat to our guest rooms with high ceilings, plush bedding and a large work desk. Upgrade to a suite for a large living space, plus a balcony or terrace with views of downtown Fort Worth. Whether you’re here for work or pleasure, our hotel is the ideal home base for your visit to Fort Worth, Texas. To learn more about The Worthington Renaissance Fort Worth, please visit: http://www.marriott.com/dfwdt