FORT WORTH, Texas (Sept. 14, 2023) — The GM Financial Parade of Lights will deliver the magic of the holiday season to Downtown Fort Worth for its 41st year on Sunday, November 19, at 6 p.m. With a sold-out crowd expected for this year’s “Holiday Magic”-themed parade, attendees are encouraged to purchase reserved “Street Seats,” which start at $15 for children and $17.50 for adults. Street Seats are available for sale now online, here: https://fortworthparadeoflights.org/parade-information/street-seats/.
What began in 1983 with a crowd of only 25,000 spectators and 25 floats has grown to become Fort Worth’s most beloved holiday tradition and Texas’ largest illuminated holiday parade. Year-after-year, North Texas families gather to experience the lights on 100+ professionally designed floats, energetic marching bands, sparkling antique cars, precision equestrian units, festive horse-drawn carriages, and carolers spreading Christmas cheer along the 1.59-mile parade route. The night will conclude with Santa and Mrs. Claus appearing on the specially designed, LED-lit, grand finale float.
In honor of TCU’s Sesquicentennial, head football coach Sonny Dykes is serving as the 2023 Parade of Lights’ Grand Marshal. TCU’s 150th year has been devoted to celebrating the positive impact of Horned Frog alumni, students, faculty, staff, and other leaders in the Fort Worth community, across the country, and across the globe. Dykes, currently in his second year as head coach, led TCU to become the first school from the state of Texas to make the College Football Playoff and the first from the Big 12 Conference to reach the CFP National Championship.
“TCU is proud to sponsor the Grand Marshal float in recognition of the community and people that have supported TCU’s mission for 150 years,” TCU Chancellor Victor J. Boschini, Jr., said. “Coach Dykes is a great representation of the Horned Frog spirit and we are proud he will lead the beloved Parade of Lights.”
Fort Worth-based GM Financial has also renewed its commitment to the parade for the sixth year in a row, and will continue its title sponsorship through 2027.
“GM Financial’s culture is based on strengthening the communities where we live and work, which aligns with the Parade of Lights’ mission to bring people together in the spirit of community,” said Dan Berce, President and CEO of GM Financial. “As the largest employer in downtown Fort Worth, we are pleased to help preserve the special tradition of the Parade of Lights in the city we’ve been proud to call home for more than 30 years.”
There are many opportunities to participate in the 2023 GM Financial Parade of Lights, including:
- Reserve “Street Seats”: While the parade is free and open-to-the-public, attendees can get the most illuminating experience by purchasing reserved tickets, or “Street Seats,” in advance. Tickets start at $15 for children and $17.50 for adults, and are available for purchase now. Visit https://fortworthparadeoflights.org/parade-information/street-seats/ to view all reserved seating options and discounted packaged ticket prices.
- Enter a Float: Applications are open until Friday, September 29, for those interested in entering a float in the 2023 parade. Entry forms and rates can be found at https://fortworthparadeoflights.org/participate/.
- Volunteer: Hundreds of volunteers are what make the parade a success year-after-year, with opportunities available in hospitality, merchandise sales, stand and seating attendants, staging areas, entry check-in, and more. Volunteers can sign up online here: https://fortworthparadeoflights.org/participate/volunteer/.
- Become a Sponsor: As a 501c (3) non-profit organization, Downtown Fort Worth Initiatives, Inc. seeks the support of corporate sponsors and partners to help maintain the free and high-quality production of the parade for the Fort Worth community. Sponsorship opportunities, levels, and benefits can be found online, here: https://fortworthparadeoflights.org/sponsors/.
“Amidst an incredible year of commemorating our past and shaping our future, TCU experienced several landmark accomplishments, including a historic year in athletics program,” said Dr. Victor J. Boschini, Jr., chancellor of TCU. “Dykes, currently in his second year as head coach, led TCU to become the first school from the state of Texas to make the College Football Playoff and the first from the Big 12 Conference to reach the CFP National Championship. TCU is proud to sponsor the Grand Marshal float in recognition of the community and people that have supported TCU’s mission for 150 years.”
The official hashtag for the 2023 GM Financial Parade of Lights is #ParadeOfLights2023. For the latest updates on the 41stannual GM Financial Parade of Lights, visit the Parade of Lights:
- Online: www.FortWorthParadeOfLights.org
- On Facebook: www.Facebook.com/ParadeofLightsFW
- On Instagram: www.instagram.com/paradeoflightsfw/
ABOUT THE GM FINANCIAL PARADE OF LIGHTS
Celebrating its 41st year in 2023, the GM Financial Parade of Lights will take place on Sunday, November 19, and feature more than 100 illuminated floats marching down a 1.59-mile parade route in Downtown Fort Worth. Event producers Downtown Fort Worth Initiatives, Inc. first staged the parade in 1983 as a means to help shift perceptions of the Central Business District. It has since grown to become one of the largest illuminated parades in the U.S. with nearly 100 entries and thousands in attendance. 2023 parade sponsors include title sponsor GM Financial, signature sponsors Tarrant County College, YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth, Karen and Larry Anfin, and Dr. Marie A. Holliday, and media sponsors 95.9 The Ranch and 92.1 Hank FM. For more information, visit www.FortWorthParadeofLights.org.
ABOUT GM FINANCIAL
General Motors Financial Company, Inc. is the wholly-owned captive finance subsidiary of General Motors Company and is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas. To learn more about career opportunities at GM Financial, visitwww.gmfinancial.com/careers. For more information on the company, visit www.gmfinancial.com.