This past spring Timothy Brendler gave students in his music and media communications course at I.M. Terrell Academy for STEM and VPA an interesting assignment: compose a handful of songs for an augmented reality art walk.They received their assignment as Neighborhood Leap,…
‘I want it to evoke a sense of wonder’: artist Crystal Wagner creates new installation at Fort Works Art (w/video)
Crystal Wagner is fascinated by root systems and the natural environment around her. The branches that split off trees draw her in with their organic curves. This fascination has become…
Photographer Dontrius Williams began his photo project “Product Of The Block” as a portraiture series before the COVID-19 pandemic hit in 2020. “It started out as a portrait project at…
Curators for the “Black Every Day” photography exhibit at the Amon Carter Museum of American Art started planning their show two years ago, but one of the curators said it’s…
Macy Thiebaud remembers how nervous she felt before stepping into a Kids Who Care rehearsal for the first time. The 2012 original production of Freedom Bound was the then 8-year-old…
In April, Fort Worth resident Joshua Youngblood planned to take his 4-year-old daughter to ride the Forest Park miniature train. On the first Saturday of May, after a month of…
- Two years after nonprofit takeover, Fort Worth Botanic Garden boasts higher visitor numbers and less city funding
- Tarrant County College’s new approach to degrees could get students from class to careers quicker
- Part 2: 1 out of 5 Irving ISD students graduate with industry credentials. The district could be a peek into Fort Worth ISD’s future.
- ‘We’re stoked’: Dickies Skate Plaza construction gets rolling
- ‘I see the opportunity that they’re reaching for’: Summer program builds students up at Fort Worth Country Day
- Breakthrough Fort Worth gives students a chance to get ahead over the summer.
- Legendary Four Sixes Ranch sold to ‘Yellowstone’ producer Taylor Sheridan
- 'I want it to evoke a sense of wonder': artist Crystal Wagner creates new installation at Fort Works Art (w/video)
- TCC bonds go to class as students examine school’s 2019 program