Like the tires of a bicycle, life moves in cycles: What goes around, comes around. That’s the mindset of the Jordan Elizabeth Harris Foundation, as it begins its second suicide prevention and depression awareness bike ride, called “2022 Light the Trail.” The 1,800-mile ride connects riders with local community members in each city along the…
In 2020, Tarrant County saw a big increase in intimate partner homicides, with 17 deaths. But besides 2020, these homicides have seen an overall decrease since 2016, according to a new report.
For decades, Alzheimer’s research has examined the disease in a common study participant: the highly educated white person. The disease itself is more inclusive. Alzheimer’s, the most common form of dementia, disproportionately affects Black and Latino people in the U.S. But how the disease progresses in different people groups, and what those variations mean for…
The number of medical students pursuing a career in pediatrics has declined over the past five years as the number of pediatric positions available has increased. Kristin Gigli, Ph.D., an acute care pediatric nurse practitioner and an assistant professor at U-T Arlington, is part of a national committee examining the shortage. She talked with KERA’s…
About 55 men, along with 12 vendors and speakers on health and nutrition, filled Tarrant County College’s SSTU Dining Hall, 5301 Campus Drive, for Tarrant County Public Health’s Mancave Talks on Sept. 27. The convention highlighted men’s health issues in hopes of sparking a conversation. “They’re going to be talking about the state of men’s…
The 94-year-old psychiatrist died in early August.
- City Council reprimands David Cooke for private flight with Ed, Sasha Bass
- City Council stays silent on implications of city manager’s recusal from Sundance Square
- Campaigns go negative as race for competitive Tarrant County Precinct 2 commissioner seat tightens
- Worms are invading native Texas trees as sap covers cars. Here’s what you can do
- City Manager David Cooke’s flight to Aspen with Ed, Sasha Bass raises concerns over potential conflict of interest
- Fort Worth shaving startup of 'Shark Tank' fame acquired by Foundry Brands
- Texas Senate District 9 features rematch of candidates
- ‘Fall’ director Scott Mann talks about the fear of heights and the biblical proportion of elements that plagued shooting at 2000-ft including a swarm of flying ants
- Tarrant County opens pool of federal dollars for affordable housing