Nearly $146 million in Fort Worth’s American Rescue Plan Act funding is gone, six months after the city received $173 million in federal funding. Still, almost $28 million remains. The federal dollars, designed to spur pandemic-related economic recovery, paid for several big ticket items, including a convention center expansion for $40 million. The rest of…
“Terrible. No good.” That’s how Rizik Sharif, who manages King’s Custom Wheels, describes the cell tower sitting several hundred feet from his work. Sharif is used to the city ignoring his…
‘We’re going to suffer the consequences.’ Southeast Fort Worth residents fight industrial facility near elementary school
In his 75 years living in Fort Worth, Edward Justice watched the city transform as he helped raise kids, grandchildren and now great-grandchildren.But, thanks to the industrial facilities that have popped…
A Beard’s Towing employee is accused of falsifying training records to obtain a state license, according to an arrest affidavit obtained May 11 by the Fort Worth Report. Jennifer Gaither, an…
The city of Fort Worth’s goal is that its workforce reflect the diversity of the community. Numbers released by the city manager’s office show that, despite improvements, people of color still…
The number of homicides in the eight Fort Worth City Council districts since the start of 2022 are fairly consistent. Most districts saw three homicides. District 2 tallied four. Council member…
- Development in the Southside is hard to get off the ground. The latest obstacle? A cell tower.
- Fred’s is back, bringing funky cowboy flavor to west Fort Worth
- With support, guidance of family, Camille Rodriguez is ready to serve Fort Worth students
- Flush with federal funds, Fort Worth spends $146 million in 6 months
- Photo gallery: Buddhist worshippers celebrate Vesak 2022 with $100 million temple expansion
- Teachers say constant change in Jacquet Middle School leadership harming campus comeback
- Meet the women behind the voices on Cook Children’s Raising Joy podcast
- A west Fort Worth gas well incident sent residents searching for answers. They’ve had trouble finding any.
- Legendary Four Sixes Ranch sold to ‘Yellowstone’ producer Taylor Sheridan