Fort Worth has lagged behind other major Texas cities in securing major corporate relocations and benefiting from the economic development that usually follows. However, leaders see a path forward: Cultivating a skilled workforce through K-12 schools and higher education. Education reporter Jacob Sanchez examines the issue through a three-part series.
Rocketship students started school with low academic performance. The charter plans to maximize growth so students can blast off on STAAR.
Superintendent SaJade Miller has high ambitions for Rocketship Texas Public Schools’ first campus when students take the state standardized test in the spring. “Our goal is to be in the top 10% locally, state average and similar schools,” Miller said. For the remaining school year, Miller knows he, other administrators, teachers and students have their…
Fort Worth has lagged behind other major Texas cities in securing major corporate relocations and benefiting from the economic development that usually follows. However, leaders see a path forward: Cultivating a skilled workforce through K-12 schools and higher education.
The Environmental Protection Agency awarded nearly $1 billion in rebates to 389 school districts across the country to electrify their school bus fleets. Fort Worth ISD was not selected to receive…
The Texas Education Agency aims to align the STAAR test with the classroom experience better. What does that mean?
Enrolling in college-level classes brings higher graduation rates, STAAR performance to high schoolers
Diana Flores didn’t know where to begin. College was some big pie in the sky idea for her when she attended classes at South Hills High School. Then the Tarrant To…
Tsssss. A hot pan screeched with sizzling oil. Chop. Chop. Chop. A knife sliced through the vegetable, hitting the cutting board. These were the sounds in Kathleen Cluchey’s kitchen as the…
For underserved high school students, scholarships can be a lifeline, but they don’t provide everything a student needs for success.That’s where Fort Worth nonprofit Create + Collaborate steps in to ensure…
- Facebook gives $40k to Fort Worth Foodies to build community
- Fort Worth forges ahead with purchase of open space along Lake Arlington. Here’s what the city plans to preserve next
- Million-dollar T&P Station renovation to begin in 2023
- Fort Worth developers will pay more for roads in 2023, but less than city staff recommended
- Lax oversight or undue influence at Fort Worth Police Department?
- Legendary Four Sixes Ranch sold to ‘Yellowstone’ producer Taylor Sheridan
- Fort Worth energy firm founded by XTO leader files to take company public
- Anime Frontier returns to Fort Worth Convention Center
- Listen: Collect your family medical history — it might help save your life.